Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Six Date Ideas You Haven't Seen Before!!




One of my goals for 2014 is to go on more dates (see previous post!).  So I started doing some research on some ideas.  I swear, all I could find was the same list of "go on a picnic, go to a movie, etc".  I want something different!!    Here is my list of things for those who are tired of picnics.


Food Court Bingo
  print out a bingo board and come up with 24 things (you need a free space!) that you might see.  For example, woman with no bra, 4 or more visible piercings, woman with bags to 5 or more stores, couple with guy carrying all the bags. girl with writing on her booty... you get the picture.  Now fill out your individual boards, get your favorite food court meal and enjoy the show.  First one with bingo WINS!

Architecture Alphabet
Grab your camera.  It doesn't have to be a fancy one.  Just use the camera on your phone if you want to.  Now go to your favorite part of your town.  Pick an area that is architecturally diverse as that will make this challenge much easier.   Your mission is to find the alphabet.  Both of our names start with "M" so I have also done that.  Look in the obvious places like signs but also look in the iron work.  Look at the man hole covers.  Have you ever noticed the weird fence or the scroll work on the gazebo?  Did you see that crack in the sidewalk or the branch of the tree that looks just like a V?  Look at the world differently.

Where will 30 miles take you?
Pick a set amount of mileage depending on how much time you have  and turn on your google maps on your phone.  Now go.  Pick a road that you don't normally travel.  Make turns.  There is no way to make a mistake here.  When you get to mile 30 (or 10 or 100, you choose!), you are there.  Eat at the first restaurant you see.  Go into that art gallery.  Stop at that park and tour their visitor's center.

Mystery Date
Pick 3 or 4 categories.  Dessert, Park, Activity, Dinner, Museum, Place to Walk, Video Game, Movie,  Snack, etc.   Now, make an envelope for each of those categories.  You will each pick two options for each category.  For example,  for "dessert",  I might pick "go to Jeni's Ice Cream" and "Make strawberry shortcake together".  He might pick "go to Pistachia Vera" and "go to Sugardaddies".   All four of these options go into the envelope.  Do the same for your other categories.  Next, decide what order you are going to go in and mark the envelopes 1,2,3,4.   Go to envelope #1 and randomly draw an item.  Now do it.  When you are done with that, draw from the next envelope.  You may end up doing all of his items or you might do all of yours.  Who knows. 

Be the Inspiration
We are fortunate to have an AWESOME river trail here in Columbus, OH.  Find your place like that.  Go to your local store and buy sidewalk chalk.  Now go to that trail and write inspirational quotes for the walkers, runners, and bikers on the cement trail.  As someone who has struggled with her weight her whole life, I can't tell you how many times I needed the message of "No matter how slow you are, you are still lapping everyone at home on the couch." Side note:  the photo above is one that I took when I was on a bike ride along the river.  It made my day! 

As Long As You Can Resist The Urge to be a Cat Hoarder....
Go to your local shelter and play with the kitties.  Cuddle with a puppy.  Show some lovin'.  There is never too much of that. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment