Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"I dunno. what do YOU want to do?" Changing Your Relationship One Date at a Time




I love goals.  I love starting the year with resolutions.  They give me something to work towards.  I print them out and put them on my fridge so they stare at me every day.  I think this keeps me productive.  One of my resolutions for 2014 is to go on more dates together.  The man and I are pretty easy going.  Sure, we can go do stuff... but we are usually just as happy sitting on the couch watching a marathon of Orange is the New Black (seriously... I love this show!!)

Because we get stuck in the loop of "I dunno.  what do YOU wanna do?",  I decided that this year would be different.  Thus I present the "45 weeks of dates" experiment.   I bought index cards and put specific things to do on them.  Some are more extravagant than others.  Some are free.  Some are things I want and then there are things that I would never willingly submit myself to.  I will get more into that list later.  After I had all of the index cards marked with the date, I sealed them up into envelopes.  The envelope just has minor details on it.  $ if it is a cheap date.  $$ means you should plan about $50.  I listed if it is a weekend only event or summer only,  good weather, night, 4-6 hours needed, etc.  Then there are blank envelopes.  These can be done pretty much for free and at any time of the year.  This is what he has to go by. His responsibility in this is to pick the date by the highlights alone.  There are tons of lists on Pinterest.  go look for them and write what you like.  Try something new... it may become your new favorite activity together! 



No comments:

Post a Comment